Linam Ramblings

This site started out as a collection of our photos and Abby's diary from our trip to Australia in 2005, but I decided to keep adding photos and stories from other places and events that inspire us. Hope they inspire you too!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Canyon Country Trip - August 19

Frank's Journal:

We got up (from our campsite) and went to church. After church was over my Dad, my two uncles, and I went to the raft trip building and waited. Then the bus got there and we went on a bus ride through a cool tunnel, to the inside of the dam. When we got there we got on the rafts and started down the Colorado River. We went on turns through Glen Canyon and stopped on a little beach where some people got out and swam in 47 degree F water! At the stop we also went on a hike up a little slope to the side of the canyon where they had some cool petroglyphs. Once we finished the raft trip we took a bus back to town. Then we drove back to the house.

Abby's Journal:

On Sunday I rode Lillie--a draft horse--it was really fun. She was a gentle giant! She was a Shire. She was 17.2 hands tall. (Now you know why I call her a giant).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home