Linam Ramblings

This site started out as a collection of our photos and Abby's diary from our trip to Australia in 2005, but I decided to keep adding photos and stories from other places and events that inspire us. Hope they inspire you too!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Canyon Country Trip - August 22

Frank's Journal:

Abby, me, Kayla, and Aunt Linda with their new calf, Star
We got up and met Michael, whose house we had been staying at. He was nice, but he had strep throat. Then we started on our trip to Phoenix. We drove past Vermillion Cliffs and some rocks called Balancing Rocks. On our way we stopped on a bridge to look for California Condors. We looked for a couple minutes then my Mom said, "I got excited because for a second I thought that was a Condor, but it's only a vulture". I looked at it and it spread its wings out. "That's a big vulture!" I said to myself. Then it turned to us and it had white triangles on its wings; it was a Condor! It went inside a little cave; then it flew away from us. After a little while we saw it coming toward us. Then it landed right under us! It stayed there a while, and then it flew off the other way. Then another one came flying really high! Then they flew off in separate ways, and we left. After driving for a while we stopped at a Navajo roadside market, and I got a cool necklace.

It was my favorite day. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home